My Saturday evening turned into experimenting with cookie dough ingredients. I substituted 1 large egg for 1/4 cup of vegetable oil. I also added cream cheese to the cookie recipe. Lately I have been adding a bit of cream cheese to my cookie dough. It adds flavor and texture to the cookies. The key to the cookie dough recipe that I am about to share, is that you need to let the dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before baking. This is very important! If you don't let the dough chill, the dough will spread out and not bake as well.
Candy Bar Cookie Recipe
1/4th block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (regular, not fat-free or light)
1 stick of unsalted butter
1/4 cup of butterscotch morsels
1 box of Sno-Caps refrigerated
8 Reeses Mini Peanut Butter Cups
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup of vegetable oil (or 1 large egg)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and cream cheese for 1 minute on medium speed until creamy. (I used my Kitchen-Aid mixer with the paddle attachment.) I also put the butter and cream cheese in a small bowl and microwaved it for 30 seconds to soften before mixing them together.
2. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix on medium speed until light in color and fluffy in texture.
3. Mix in the vegetable oil (or large egg) and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda.
5. On low speed, slowly mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
6. Put dough to the side. Cut up the Reese's Peanut Butter cups into 4 small pieces.
7. Add the box of sno-caps, butterscotch morsels, and cut up peanut butter cups to the cookie dough. Mix on low speed until combined well with the cookie dough.
8. Using a spoon, scoop out cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place on a plate or cookie sheet.
9. Chill cookie dough for 1 hour minimum and up to 2 days. (Make more than you want to bake? You can freeze the cookie dough for 30 days.) It is mandatory that you chill this dough before baking it.
10. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 8-9 minutes. The cookies will still be soft but they will set while cooling.
11. Pour a glass of milk and enjoy!