Like anything, it takes me quite awhile to commit. I have to really think about things and be solid in my decision(s). I take goals seriously. It is probably because I know that I will give my all to succeed at said goals so they need to be tangible, doable, and I need to have a timeline along with an action plan.
Perhaps I think about things too much...
Here are my goals for 2013 in no particular order. I selected several this year. I am feeling motivated.
1. In 2012 I resolved to lose weight. I was successful and lost close to 30 lbs. I gained 7 or so back over the holiday season as I threw all caution to the wind. I want to jump back in the saddle so to speak and not necessarily lose weight, but maintain my weight.
2. Run. I started really running in the fall and have fallen in love with it. I adore that I can set out on a run anytime that I want. I do not have to wait for the gym to open. I don't have to drive anywhere to do it. I just have to adjust my schedule to fit in my run. I want to commit to running more in 2013.
3. Run races. I am currently running 3+miles 3-4 times a week. I would love to work up to a half marathon this year. That is a crazy, lofty, far-fetched goal but I want to challenge myself and see what happens.
4. I need to get organized this year. I realize that I made this same goal and resolution back in 2010. I have worked hard to be more organized professionally but this is probably the goal that is going to make me work the hardest. I am organized at work but for whatever reason I am a hot mess at home. I really, truly need to get it together at home. Not only will it help with my sanity but also Dave's sanity. I can't tell you how many times I am out at the store and I find that I forgot a gift card or a coupon or even my wallet/purse. That is just a small example. I lose things. My purse looks like a recycle bin with receipts from months and years back. I mean it is seriously out of control and my brain functions that way also.
The first project that I want to accomplish when it comes to re-organizing my life is to get my clothes, handbags, shoes, jewelry, and accessories in order. I need to create a system so that getting dressed in the morning is not so daunting. I enjoy shopping and purchasing new clothes. I should enjoy coordinating outfits also but if they are in various places throughout the house it makes the coordination of outfits a chore, not a joy. I have a goal set to clean out my closets, organize by color, hang up jewels and organize them in my jewelry case, and organize my handbags and shoes. If I start small, I will be motivated to continue to re-organize my craft room and the rest of the house.
|My craft room. There is so much potential in this room and it is a hot mess. I just get so overwhelmed by it all!|
6. I love my blog. I love social media. But I need to spend less time online. I know that is an oxymoron but I need to try to make it work. If I truly want to be successful at being fit, healthy, and organized at home, I need to spend less time tweeting and more time in the moment doing things around the house.
Other hopes for 2013:
*Learn to use my DSLR for crying out loud! I bought a gorgeous Nikon D3100 in 2010 when I was a handmade biz owner and never really spent time learning how to use it. *Shame on me, I know.*
*Cook more and eat out less.
*Read more. I have books upon books and don't take time to read. Probably because I am playing Words with Friends or tweeting.
I realize I could probably keep going but I am going to stop before I make myself feel bad. :)
2013 is going to be epic.
What are your goals for 2013?