Please help me in welcoming Rebecca to the Hiya Luv Community!
My name is Rebecca and I blog at Makeup4eva. I also have a makeup-themed YouTube channel under the username Peacelilly1216. My blog is a place for all things beauty, including makeup, skincare, nails, hair, and fashion!
My cousin Rebecca
A few things about me:
*I’m 16 and will begin my Junior year of High school in the fall
*After High School, I plan to attend beauty school to become an aesthetician
*I play several different instruments
*I’m Gina’s cousin!
***In this post, I want to show you a few affordable products to make your makeup last longer. These products are perfect for the summer because they will make your makeup resistant to water and sweat. All these products can be found at Target and target.com
1. A face primer is key to keeping your foundation from melting off. The primer will form a barrier between your skin and your makeup, making it harder for the oils in your skin to break down your foundation. My favorite primer is the ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer. Smooth a small amount of this all over your face before using any other face products.
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes are awesome because the drier cream formula wears like a second skin. (shade shown is Candy Coral) Use your fingers to lightly apply this to the apples (the round, fleshy part) of your cheeks.
4. Most people have never heard of a setting spray, but I’m here to tell you that this little bottle holds a miracle! The ELF Mist and Set spray will form a veil over your finished face that will protect it from melting away. After you finish your makeup, hold this bottle 6 inches away from your face and spray each half of your face one time.
5. To keep your eyeshadow from migrating to your crease during the day, try layering a long wearing cream shadow under the powder shades. I like to use the Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadows (shade shown is Bad to the Bronze). Applying a thin layer of this cream before your powder shadow will help them adhere to your lid and stay out of your crease.
6. Finding a good, long-wearing eyeliner has been a big challenge for me. Most will melt off within a few hours. However, the Covergirl LineBlast 24 Hour Liquid Liner is an exception! (color shown is Eternal Brown) The color will stay on your lids literally all day! The pen format makes this liquid liner super easy to apply, and the formula dries very quickly. Apply this in a thin line on your upper lash line after your shadow.
7. Waterproof mascara is probably the most important product for summer. The most long wearing mascara I have found is the Rimmel London Max Volume Flash Waterproof Mascara. The formula will last through anything from days at the pool to a major cry-fest. Apply this starting at the base of your lashes and wiggle the brush upward for maximum volume.
8. Last but not least, I love lip stains for summer. I hate the sticky feeling of lip glosses and lipsticks when it’s 90 degrees outside. The N.Y.C. Smooch Proof 16 Hour Lipstain is a lifesaver because it feels and looks natural on your lips. (color shown is Persistent Pink) I run this felt tip marker quickly over my lips, using the pointed tip on the outer part to get a sharp edge.
I hope you found this post helpful!! Let me know if you try any of the products mentioned!!
Isn't Rebecca great?!
Will you try any of the products she introduced?
Check out Rebecca's blog, YouTube channel, Facebook, and twitter!
***Did you enter to win a Shutterfly 8x8 Hardcover Photo Book yet? If not, do so here.*