When I first heard about Birchbox I was so excited to sign up and receive mine in the mail. It took several months to get notification that I could sign up adding to the suspense and raising my expectations. I am going to share my thoughts and opinions on my box and the items that I received. I am not being paid for this post; all thoughts are my own.
1. In mid-April I received my Birchbox and was immediately impressed by the presentation. The quality of the box and the tissue paper wrapped items with a bow. As I unwrapped the items I was surprised at how small the samples were. I know that "deluxe" samples are small because I receive them when I order from Sephora and Smashbox but I guess I was expecting more for $10. Perhaps I am too used to getting deluxe samples for free with an order which made me feel like I was not getting enough for my $10.
2. Viva la Juicy perfume sample. I love this scent and was excited to receive a sample size spray. This was my favorite part of the box.
3. June Jacobs Pumpkin Enzyme Polish. This was my second favorite item in the box. This pumpkin-scented scrub can be used on the face and body. The pumpkin scent is refreshing and leaves the skin feeling refreshed.
4. Color Club Nail polish in Age of Aquarius. The nail polish is a fun bright green color that calls attention to your nails. Trouble is that I did not like the finish of the polish. I found that the polish needed longer drying time than others such as OPI or Essie. I also thought that the polish didn't go on well. It was sheer and took three coats to acheive color consistency.
5. Showstoppers fashion tape. Double sided tape that can help hide bra straps and hold up hems. I have not tried these just yet.
6. Be Fine Exfoliating Scrub. The scent of the scrub is yummy. Trouble is that the scrub was completely dried up and caked so it was unusable.
7. Be Fine daily moisturizer with sunscreen. The sunscreen was expired so I did not use it. Birchbox emailed recipients that received expired sunscreen and offered 100 points if you filled out a form. 100 points is worth $10 on their site.
Overall, I expected more for $10. I was disappointed in the Showstoppers fashion tape because it is something I won't use. I was even more disappointed by the dried up scrub and expired sunscreen. I did cancel my subscription because I was not satisfied. I have read mixed reviews on Birchbox and get the idea that each month varies so it is hit or miss.
Have you tried Birchbox? What are your thoughts?